12-27-08 good, but you only eat one and they are a little messy to eat
From Every Day with Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
8 medium flour tortillas
2 hass avocados
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1/2 pound bacon
8 large eggs
8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
One 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed
1. Place the tortillas in the oven in two stacks; heat to 200¦. In a
bowl, mash the avocados with the lemon juice; season with salt and
2. Working in batches, in a nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over
medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels. Leave about 2
tablespoons bacon fat in the skillet, reserving the rest of the fat.
Cut the bacon strips in half.
3. Working in 2 batches, in the skillet, cook the eggs over easy;
transfer to a platter. Reserve the skillet.
4. Lay the tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup
cheese; top with beans, 1 egg and bacon strips, then fold to enclose.
5. In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon reserved bacon fat over
medium heat, add 4 quesadillas and cook, turning once, until crisp and
golden, about 3 minutes. Repeat with more bacon fat and the remaining
quesadillas; serve with the avocado mash.
This recipe published with BigOven, and can be imported instantly by BigOven users. Download your free trial at www.bigoven.com.