6-11-18 very good, better tah i expected, cut the recipe in half but it would probably be better/easier to cook the whole recipe, i crushed some croutons for the bread crumbs...
8 appetizers or 4 mains
1 lb (450 g) whole white mushrooms
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
1/4 cup (10 g) chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped chives
4 slices dried baguette, toasted and crumbled
3 tbsp (15 g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In an 11-inch (28 cm) non-stick, ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook the mushrooms in the oil until tender and golden brown, about 12 minutes. Season with salt and
pepper. Drain on paper towels. Wipe the skillet clean.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
6/12/2018 Mushroom Omelette with Herbed Bread Crumbs | Ricardo
4. In the same skillet used for the mushrooms, melt the butter over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, breaking up the egg that has cooked and
allowing the raw egg to run underneath. Top with the mushrooms.
5. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the omelette is cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, brown the garlic in the oil. Add the herbs and cook for 1 minute. Add the crumbled baguette and stir to combine.
7. Slide the omelette onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bread crumbs.
This recipe published with BigOven, and can be imported instantly by BigOven users. Download your free trial at www.bigoven.com.