11-17-2009 good, almost a little too cheesy!
this dish has the wild flavor of mushrooms and the sweet taste of red
peppers along with goat cheese and cream cheese and topped off with
sweet crispy onions...this is sure to please everyone and is a
different twist on the norm. this recipe was in the Better Homes and
Gardens Magazine and is a winner in my book.... More
Prep:40m Cook:30m Servings:12
* 2 lbs green bean fresh or frozen
* 1 large onion, sliced
* 1 small red pepper, sliced and then chopped smaller.
* 6 oz. mushrooms - button or portobello, sliced
* 6 oz. cheese - goat and cream cheese.
* olive oil
* brown sugar
* plain bread crumbs
* balsamic vinegar
* flat leaf parsley fresh - for garnish
1. trim fresh whole green beans, or frozen green beans.
2. cover with water and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. in a cassarole dish, combine beans with button mushrooms and
sliced red peppers.
4. toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to coat.
5. roast in oven for 15 minutes at 375.
6. saute onion wedges in olive oil and brown sugar, just until
7. toss cooked onions with bread crumbs to coat for classic onion
8. blend softened cream cheese with goat cheese.
9. toss with warm vegetables and place back in baking dish, top
with onions and Bake in oven at 400 for 5 to 8 minutes til heated
10. scatter fresh snipped parsley on top for a peppery flavor when
12. recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
This recipe published with BigOven, and can be imported instantly by BigOven users. Download your free trial at www.bigoven.com.