Prep: 10 minutes.
Cook: 18 minutes.
* 8 small veal cutlets (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 package (10 ounces) white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
* 1/2 cup marsala wine
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* Warm, cooked egg noodles
1. Place one cutlet on a sheet of waxed paper. Cover with a second
sheet of waxed paper, and pound cutlet to an even thickness with a
mallet. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
2. Toss flour, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper on a sheet of
waxed paper. Add one cutlet, turning to coat. Repeat with remaining
cutlets. Reserve 2 teaspoons excess flour mixture.
3. Heat oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over
medium-high heat just until sizzling. Add half of the cutlets and
brown about 1 minute per side. Transfer cutlets to a plate; keep warm.
Repeat with remaining cutlets, adding an additional tablespoon butter.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining tablespoon butter. Stir in
onions and cook 3 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms; cook another 3
minutes, stirring. Sprinkle with reserved 2 teaspoons flour mixture.
Stir to coat. Add marsala and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer,
stirring up browned bits from bottom of pan.
5. Add cutlets back to pan. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Cook, covered, 3 minutes, until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve
over warm egg noodles.
This recipe published with BigOven, and can be imported instantly by BigOven users. Download your free trial at www.bigoven.com.